We are now taking preschool enrolments for 2023!
Harrington Street Public School will be accepting enrolments for preschool from Monday, 16 May 2022. HSPS preschool enrols children for one year only – the year before they start kindergarten. Children can enrol from the beginning of the school year if they turn 4 years old on or before 31 July that year.
Please be advised that the expression of interest does not guarantee your child a position in preschool as the preschool enrolments are offered in the following order in accordance with Department of Education guidelines with priority given to:
· Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander children
· children living in low socioeconomic circumstances
· children unable to access other early childhood services due to disadvantage or financial hardship.
We will then offer enrolment in the following order (after the above priorities):
· children living within the school's enrolment area
· children living outside the school's enrolment area whose siblings already attend the school
· other children from outside the school's enrolment area.
How to apply for preschool enrolment for 2023:
1. Contact the school office to arrange collection of your enrolment pack.
2. Complete the application form and provide the following documentation:
· Preschool enrolment form
· Your child’s birth certificate or identity documents
· Immunisation certificate/records
· Proof of your child’s address – originals of different documents such as your council rates notice or residential lease and electricity bill
· Low-income health care card (if applicable)
· Family law or relevant court orders (if applicable)
3. Return the application form and documentation to the school office.
4. Your completed application will be confirmed, and you will be given a priority date.
5. You will receive written notification if your application has been successful or not:
· First round offers will be made at the end of term 2 2022
· Second round offers will be made at the end of term 3 2022
· Final round offers will be made in term 4 2022
6. When the number of applications exceeds availability, parents can apply for waiting list placement.
We look forward to your applications. Please contact the school on 9604 4002 for any questions you may have along the enrolment process.
Mrs Nahla Dennaoui