Harrington Street Public School

Enriching all through learning

Telephone02 9604 4002



Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

Apply online. If you are an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident you are eligible to complete the online enrolment application. You will then need to finalise the application at the school.

If you are not eligible or prefer not to enrol online, use the application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

For more information, visit sTpe school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

Out-of-area enrolments

If your child does not live within our intake area, visit out-of-area enrolment. Out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.

If you have received an offer for an out-of-area placement, visit the online enrolment sign in page to accept or decline the offer.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

How to enrol

When you’re ready to enrol your child in our school, you’ll attend an interview with the principal. There you can discuss any medical conditions or other special circumstances before your child starts school. We may also complete a risk assessment on the enrolment.

The HSPS Enrolment Checklist shows the original documentation you will need when attending your interview for your child’s enrolment at Harrington Street Public School or Preschool.

You will also need to complete an Application to Enrol form. Download an application to enrol (PDF 579KB).

Application forms must be completed in English. However, a translated application to enrol may help you to fill out the form in English.

For more information, visit primary school enrolment or contact us to discuss your child’s enrolment.

Please find the Out-Of-Area Enrolment form and procedures here: Harrington Street PS Out-of-area enrolment procedures.

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email document.authentication@det.nsw.edu.au to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.

Preschool Enrolment

Preschool Enrolment Details


Harrington Street Public School will be accepting expression of interest for preschool from Monday, 16th August 2021. HSPS preschool enrols children for one year only – the year before they start kindergarten. Children can enrol from the beginning of the school year if they turn 4 years old on or before 31 July that year.

Please be advised that the expression of interest does not guarantee your child a position in preschool as the preschool enrolments are offered in the following order in accordance with Department of Education guidelines:

  • children living within the school's enrolment area
  • children living outside the school's enrolment area who have siblings already attending the school
  • other children from outside the school's enrolment area.

When the number of applications exceeds availability, parents can apply for waiting list placement.

Click on the link below to complete the expression of interest form for your child by 29th August 2021.


Please be advised that you will be contacted and asked to provide the following documentation at a later stage:

·       Preschool enrolment form

·       Your child’s birth certificate or identity documents

·       Immunisation certificate/records

·       Proof of your child’s address – originals of different documents such as your council rates notice or residential lease and electricity bill

·       Low income health care card (if applicable)

·       Family law or relevant court orders (if applicable)